Tuesday 22 January 2013

Watch This!

Sorry if that title is just ridiculously horrendous & tacky, but 10 minutes have passed & it's the best I've got.
As you might have guessed by now, I'm not one to spend huge amounts on clothes, or anything really, so when I buy something, I like to get as much use as possible from it.

I bought a watch about a year ago from a car boot sale. I paid £1 for it, and have been completely in love with it ever since. It has a clean, simplistic face and the metal it's set on has turned a nice coppery-rose gold colour from wear.
But upsettingly, the tanned leather watchstrap that came with it has been slowly breaking, and finally last week it dropped off my wrist, having worked it to death. This thing was literally in peices!


But not being one to throw something away in a hurry, I decided to give it a re-vamp. I had a scrap piece of black leather left over from a recent DIY project I've been working on (which I'll post tomorrow). So I snipped off what was left of the old strap & cut a long strip of black leather to thread through the watch. I'm pretty happy with how it's come out!





What's the best thing you've ever re-vamped?


3 comments:

  1. Hey! thanks for your lovely comment! love this post too, i've got a watch that needs re-vamping will definitely give it a try!!
    well i work at h&m part time and have done for 3 years, have taken part in lots of overnight re-matching/shadowing the visuals so thats my ticket in! they are training me in may :) but also doing an internship with the head of retail at Myla London designer lingerie brand so that will hopefully get my foot in the door too haha just gotta get lots and lots of experience! good luck <3

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw do (: I'd love to see it if you do. Ooh, that sounds brilliant, well done! I'd love to shadow the visuals, but I'm in a concession rather than a store so it's not quite as easy. I definitely need to get some more experience though, I'll be applying for internships soon too. If you have any tips for either getting internships/on the job tips from your current internship, that would make a great blog post, I'd be really interested! If not, then I'd love to hear how your internship went, so maybe drop me an email after its over? Thanks lovely (: I hadn't even realised you were an Emma aswell!

      Emma x

      Delete
  2. Thankyou lovely (:

    And I promise I'll respond to your email & get the questionnaire back to you soon, got a long list of things I've got to do blog related & your email's top of it!
    Thanks for the offer, so sweet.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete