Saturday 6 April 2013

Who Wears The Trousers?





I'm jumping back into blogging folks! Head first, no hard-hat. Sorry for the absence, I had just lost some of the joy that posting on here gave me.. I felt a bit disheartened by how amateur my blog looked to me, compared to others. But I was looking at people who have spent years building their blogs up to thousands of followers & how their blogs currently looked, so I scrolled back to when they first started, and this helped massively, because it made me realise it doesn't happen at once. Blogs rarely start out looking incredible, it takes time and effort and if I stick with it I can make it better gradually, hopefully! I also felt I wasn't posting regularly because my heart wasn't in it & these reasons led to me taking a step back. But alas I've returned!With a much clearer idea of what I want to be posting, lots of ideas in my head and I'm gonna try to only post content that I would want to read myself. 
And right now, I'm very partial to a printed trouser.

So the above ones are some of my favourites, but I still haven't found a pair that look quite right on me. I am yet to try on the moroccan printed trouser from Mango, which are a personal fave. I also found this beaaaut of a blazer from Topshop today, which is enblazened with the most perfect pattern. I would love to find matching cigarette trousers and I can just imagine they would make the perfect dose of garishness when paired together, with a slouchy, plain white tee underneath. And I'm having trouble deciphering whether these heels from Asos are incredibly beautiful or something the 80's has thrown up! Possibly beautiful?!

A bit about me, now I've returned from the dark side. I've been super busy at Hobbs, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised by a few of their recent pieces (the blue trousers above being one). I'm also trying to move up within the company if I can. Visual Merchandising is where I wanna be! But a position has opened up elsewhere, within a different store for Assistant Manager & I've been recommended for the role (with training obv), but this was a massive surprise, having only been in retail for less than a year.
I've also been hitting up London with Oli, where we did the whole touristy thing (London Eye and everything) and then paid a visit to Brick Lane which was super lovely!

And hopefully I'll be going back up to London on Tuesday for a press day, and obviously a mandatory trip to Oxford Street.

I'm on Instagram now, my name is indigosilkblog so feel free to follow, and my Twitter is the same! Click the button at the side to follow. 

P.S If you've read all of this waffle, please give yourself a firm handshake from me, and treat yourself to a Freddo. You deserve it.



3 comments:

  1. Aw I like your post. It's personal &honest,I'm new to blogging and feel like my blog is not how I want it to be :( Keep posting cos you have a new follower hun :)

    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so sweet, thankyou (: I'm also quite new, still trying to find my stride and get myself posting to a schedule/regularly. But your blog is lovely, really (: as I said in my post, it doesnt happen straight away, otherwise you'd have nothing to tweak & it would get boring. You'll add stuff & remove stuff, and you'll always be editing, but it will get better and better. And you've made a really good start, so it can only get better(:
      Thanks for the kind words!

      Emma x

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog and I am so glad you've decided to post again because I LOVE your blog! I love your style of writing, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete